Friday highlights | Getting things started

November 07, 2017


My weeks are usually pretty hectic. I look forward to my weekends with my whole soul. NO
SCHOOL. Well, that's actually not completely true. It isn't rare that some of my homework assignments get pushed to the weekend.

Hey, I TRY. I REALLY DO.

But sometimes things just happen. And this is true, peeps. Sometimes I just want to spend my Friday afternoons doing art with my Grammie, and not worrying about English assignments I should would usually be submitting. I can't tell you how much I stress over my English and I'm not even bad at it. It's just that I'm a perfectionist and I want every single assignment to be perfect. Thus, procrastination happens. #suckstobeaperfectionist #ihaveprocrastinationproblems

BUT ANYWAY. I didn't create this blog so that y'all could read about my school problems. This post was meant to portray how I postponed my virtual class assignments until the weekend so that I could enjoy my Friday. And let me just say, it was the best decision I made the whole week. ;)




One of my favorite things in the world is food. I love food. I love taking pictures of  food. I wake up in the morning to EAT FOOD. But only if it's good food. I always make a point of trying to make sure my food looks and tastes good before I eat it, even if I'm not taking a picture of it for my blog. Haha, yes. I am strange that way. But that's okay. So, for lunch on Friday I made myself a delicious salad and it hit. the. spot. Mmm. SO GOOD I DEVOURED IT AND THEN STARED AT THIS PICTURE WISHING I HAD MORE. 

Okay. Not for real, but you get what I mean. ;)





This last Friday was the very first "Art Class" of the school year, and I was so excited because I love it so much. My Grandma comes over every Friday and gives us an art lesson, and my siblings and I get to "ART", as I like to say, ALL AFTERNOON. It's literally the best thing ever. We get to take  the whole afternoon off of school and stuff just to learn and create art. I mean, what could be beter than that?! My Grammie is super amazing when teaching us art techniques. Sometimes I don't know how she can be so patient when trying to all teach all SIX OF US how to create something pretty. And it usually turns out, which is more than I can say for some of the stuff I do on my own. -_-






This week each of us started working on different animal eyes in colored pencil. I chose a cat eye, the one you see in the lower, right hand corner of the picture above^^. I am still working on it and will have it, or am supposed to have it done by this coming Friday. We worked with colored pencils last school year but never really finished it off, so we're gonna work on finishing it off and then I believe we are working with watercolors next (!!). Super excited; I love watercolors.


And then there's the pro artist working on his owl eye he chose ^^.




FLATZZAAAAAAA PIZZAAAA. I'M OBSESSED WITH THESE!!! I found these at Woodman's last Thursday and simply couldn't wait to try them out! I've always found it hard to healthify Friday night pizza because it's so hard to find a good crust. Like, no I really don't want to put cauliflower in my crust. Please, people. To be completely honest, I love cauliflower. It's one of my favorite vegetables. But I don't want to eat it in my pizza. I want something that resembles a real pizza crust, even if it means having a thin crust. So, my chances at eating yummy, healthy pizza were usually pretty slim. UNTIL NOW. THESE ARE LIKE THE BEST THING THAT I'VE EVER STUMBLED ACROSS IN PIZZA CRUST HISTORY. The "Flatzza" is perfect when you want a healthy crust that doesn't flop around or taste like nothingness. And trust me when I say that I've experienced both.





Anyway, I just had to share that cuz I was so extremely happy when I tasted the pizza I made on Friday because it tasted REAL. Pizza is definitely one of the main foods I miss when eating healthy. Real crusts are stock FULL OF CARBS that are against my food religion (haha, usually anyway). So, when I bit into MY VERY OWN MINI PIZZA my mouth simply exploded with goodness and I wanted to scream and laugh and devour it all at once. It made my day.




So, to wrap this all up I'm just going to say that I'm super glad that I finally got around to starting this blog up. It has taken me forever to get things going, so I'm really glad that I'm actually posting this right now!! This was kind of random for a first post, but I figured since I had all the photos and stuff that I might as well write about my favorite Friday things.

Stay cool,


If you managed to make it through this whole post, LET ME KNOW HOW YOU LIKE MY BLOG! ARE YOU A HEALTH FANATIC LIKE ME AND ALWAYS ON THE LOOKOUT FOR NEW FOODS?? DO YOU TEND TO PROCRASTINATE LIKE ME AND THEN STRESS OVER IT?? DO YOU HAVE ANY SPECIAL FRIDAY FAVORITES OR TRADITIONS?? LET ME KNOW!! I'd love to read your comments. 

p.s. - this blog is still under construction, so if you notice any odd things happening.....you know why. ;)

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

19 comments:

  1. I'm really excited that you're blogging!! :D :D

    By the way, your pizza looks super good and I don't even like mushrooms. So it's a real compliment.

    And all your pictures look very Instagram-y so congratulations. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY I'M SO GLAD YOU'RE EXCITED. I'm pumped for my next posts ;)

      Mushrooms are super yummy - you're missing out girl ;)

      Oh, and hey, I'm super happy with how my photos turned out, too. ^_^ I was experimenting with different "looks", so to speak, and hopefully next time they'll all match!! ;P

      Delete
  2. Your blog is the most gorgeous thing ever! I love it so much and cannot wait to read more of your posts! I love food too! I guess everyone does, though. Ugh, I'm such a procrastinator too. Anyway, good luck with your blog! <3

    ~ Ella Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much!! Food is the best thing ever, and you'll find I'm a bit obsessed... ;) Do you have a food that you eat like ALL THE TIME?? Haha, I do.

      Anyway, thanks for commenting :)

      ♥ Emma Joy

      Delete
  3. WHY HAVEN'T YOU BEEN BLOGGING SOONER?!?! Your pictures are spot on, your writing is adorable, and I want to stalk your life forever.
    I'm so excited (and the design is so cute!!!!!)

    Also. Gideon's artwork is crazy good. I hope Ella somehow inherits the Durie artistic genes. Because I can't draw for the life of me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, I don't know why I'm logged into this weird account. This is Bethany. :P

      Delete
    2. I'M SO EXCITED TOO!! And pshh, you're super amazing at everything artsy!! Ella is going to be a super talented peanut, I know it. :)

      ♥ Emma Joy

      Delete
  4. Great job, Emma!! I can't wait to read more! ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks! I look forward to sharing my crazy life with you on here. ;) Thank you for commenting!

      ♥ Emma Joy

      Delete
  5. Procrastination....my struggle. ���� Excited to see the future of this blog! It's so adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right??? I think we all have procrastination problems to a degree ^_^
      Thank you for reading and commenting!! It makes me super happy to know that people are finding me on here! :)

      ♥ Emma Joy

      Delete
  6. Hi Emma Joy!
    From teen blogger to teen blogger, the site looks amazing!
    I love the atheistic, both sophisticated but comfortable. I feel as though I have already connected with you, even after just one post! The blog reflects a put together but real and relatable person behind it.
    Love the photo look too.
    Many blessings on the road ahead.
    I'll definitely be checking back here.
    M :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! Your comment made my day! *cheesy grin* :)

      ♥ Emma Joy

      Delete
  7. Ohh my goodness! You’re amazing a taking pictures!!! I’ve only seen a few of you stunning pics before but wow!! Btw. Compared to my art you’re a PRO! #MillionDollarArtist
    I do *not do the same thing with my English.... ahem... it’s just so tedious with everything! Agh.... drives me crazy sometimes. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aghhh, MISTY YOU'RE SO SWEET!! XD And I don't believe that for one second! Your art is amazing!! Being on the receiving end of your letters many times, I can honestly say that I KNOW you're super duper artsy. :)

      And let's not even get into English. I could go on and on about the pain it inflicts. ;P

      ♥ Emma Joy

      Delete
  8. Wow! Very impressed! Your blog is great!can't wait for more to come. Keep up the great work ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you Kate! I'm glad you like it :)

      ♥ Emma Joy

      Delete
  9. Hi Emma! I LOVE your blog, theme, content, photos, it is beautiful! I am also a health foodie, it is so fun to eat vibrant, fresh foods! Thanks for inspiring me, I will be following along!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Lydia, thanks for commenting! You're a health foodie, too?? That's super cool!! I LOVE EATING HEALTHY IT'S MY FAVORITE THING IN THE WORLD. Well, almost. ;) I'm glad that you managed to get some inspiration from here, because I'm pretty sure that's why I'm blogging - I love inspiring people. :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.