Shenanigans + Photoshoots + November Wrap-up: Part 2

December 04, 2017


I woke up to the sound of rain hitting my window this morning. My first thoughts were: Why can't this be snow?!?! I mean, it's December, for Pete's sake!! 

While I could go on and on about how much it HAS TO BE A WHITE CHRISTMAS THIS YEAR, before I can ramble about Christmas, I have to finish up my November wrap-up. Silly-me decided that it was a good idea to make it into two parts, but now I'm thinking I'm not quite sure why I did that (??).  Anyway, on to what happened in November.

SHENANIGANS

Okay, so those who know me irl know that I have adopted three sisters into my life and we're practically family. I've mentioned Bethany on here before, and she actually married my brother, so technically I didn't adopt her as much as I did her two sisters. I always say that her sisters are my sisters-in-law, but they're really not.... not legally, anyway. But they are the best friends in the world and the funnest people to hang out with. 

So now, let's talk about how I dyed Bethany's hair. O_O




This was not my idea. Bethany, being a trusting sister, thought I would be a good person to help highlight her hair. Highlight/Ombre, that is. I must admit, at the time I thought it would be great and easy and fun and I could totally do it. SO I DID. 

After staying up 'til about 2 AM the night before watching hair dye tutorials and Fail Army and who knows what else, we decided we were ready. We made the hour and a half trek over to her parents house the next day (or that morning?) and enlisted her sisters to help with the process.


We got on our junk clothes and messy top knots and started the two hour process of Bethany's hair makeover. Oh, and no - it wasn't supposed to be a 2 hour process, just so you know. 

haha, you gotta love this picture ^_^


Two hours and a million snap chats later, we were done with her hair. Now, normally I would show you before and after pictures, but guess what?? I only took a before picture because after we were done with her hair it looked abso-freakin'-lutely, completely, and utterly the same. 

I am not kidding, guys!! It did practically nothing to her hair. There was still some previous coloring in her hair, so her ends were already a lighter, blondish color. It was pretty disappointing. And I'm pretty sure bleaching my fingers isn't very good for me. :P

So, I tried, but I failed. I still think it was a fun experience, although I'm pretty sure Bethany will never ask me to color her hair again, haha. 

Moral of the story: Never ask me to highlight your hair running on 3 hours of sleep. Actually, never ask me to highlight your hair. Just to be safe. 

First Birthdays

Since I'm pretty sure this is already getting too long, I'm just going to sum the rest of the stuff up in a shorter manner. ;) 


This^^ little bug had her first birthday a little over a week ago and was thrown a cute little party. She blew out her birthday candle all by herself, too! I was so proud of her. :) 

Endless Shopping Trips


meet my adopted sisters ^.^ matching sweaters are the. best.


Hannah, the gal in the middle there, took Sarah and me shopping in order to get Sarah a belated sweet sixteen present. The point was for Sarah to pick out what she wanted. Well, to sum up, she stayed very undecided for like, three hours. It was great. But heyyy, we bought the Lego Movie for their brother??? Not completely a waste of time, I guess ;P


Fall Photoshoots

I wanted to get some pictures outside without the snow, and then take some pictures with the snow so that I could show how beautiful winter photoshoots are. So far I've only been able to take some with dead grass and boring backgrounds, because there is. no. snow. PLEASE COME SOON AND MAKE ME HAPPY. #wisconsinitethroughandthrough

But I must not complain, because my sister willingly went outside with me into the relentless, freezing wind to take some pictures, even though she wailed about not knowing how to take beautiful pictures. She doesn't know what she's talking about, because I think she did a good job handling my DSLR in manual mode. 























Other Fun Stuff


We finally put up our Christmas tree (YAYYY)! 

We are ALMOST DONE PAINTING OUR WHOLE ENTIRE KITCHEN. Including cabinets. It's looking amazing, but has not necessarily been fun. I'm anxiously waiting for it to be over so we can finish (or start, haha) decorating for Christmas. 

I'm going to start running again, soon! I had to stop running awhile ago because of an accumulating injury in both of my legs (?). I recently deduced that maybe I was hurting myself by not wearing the right shoes, so I just invested in some nice running shoes. After letting my legs heal for about two months, I'm going to start running again. Hopefully I won't have any more problems.

And that's about it!


Stay cool,



How was YOUR November?? Are you looking forward to December and all its Christmas craziness??
















20 comments:

  1. I am absolutely in LOVE with fall photoshoots! ;) And yes... Where on earth is the snow? #relatable I woke up this morning as well to rain pattering on my windows, and I'm praying, "Dear God, please let it be snow!" Lol. I guess I'm too desperate. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, but it's so sad because not a single snow flake fell to the ground!! I want it to snow like nothing else. And I agree, I love fall photos. Sadly, I didn't catch any with the pretty leaves before they disappeared to somewhere else. ^.^ Oh well. I'll try again next year ;)

      Delete
  2. Wait, you live in Wisconsin? I've used to live there for about 4 years! We were near Appleton. That's seriously so weird. How are all of those pictures so perfect? <3

    ~ Ella Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I *do* live in WI! Whaaaa?? That's super cool!! It's too bad you don't live up here still.

      Aww, thanks so mucho ;)

      ♥ Emma Joy

      Delete
  3. I love all your photos! Seriously crazy fantastic good! Your should go professional. I'd hire you ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooohh yay!! *clasps hands together* I would totally love taking pictures for you, too, so you can hire me!! ;)

      Thanks for commenting!

      ♥ Emma Joy

      Delete
  4. I can't wait for Christmas! And then New Years.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right, though?? #thebest

      Thanks for your comment!! <3

      ♥ Emma Joy

      Delete
  5. Ohh my gosh!! Though poses girl! And I woke up expecting snow too..... but here the crashing rain😭
    P.S. try running on grass instead of pavement, you may have shin splints. That’s what I get when I run on pavement all the time. It is from your feet hitting the ground at such a velocity that it begins splinting your shins! And it’s painful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, Misty you're da best ;)

      I don't know, though! I thought about shin splints but I'm pretty it's not my shins (lol I'm pretty sure, anyway)...? It was weird, painful, and really disappointing. But (!!) I'm pretty sure I've let myself heal for long enough so I'm gonna try it again! This time, better prepared.

      ♥ Emma Joy

      Delete
  6. I'm reallllly loving your blog (btw I saw your comment on Jonathan's blog (Fishing for Ideas) and I want you to know that you 100% don't need to worry about anything bc you naturally have blogging talent AND THIS IS COMING FROM AN OLD BLOGGER OF 4 YEARS LOL)

    for reals. You've got this

    ReplyDelete
  7. AHHHH THAT MAKES ME SO HAPPY!! It's great to know that I have an experienced blogger following my newbie blog ^.^ Thank you so much for your comment. :)

    ♥ Emma Joy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, fall photoshoots are the best! Love all the pictures! :) All of your November adventures sound super fun. I can't believe it's nearly halfway through December; the month is moving fast. And I love running, too, but bad shoes can totally be a problem! I hope you get back into a good running groove because it's the best, especially in crisper weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you, Erin! I can't believe it either! *squeals inwardly* Christmas is gonna be here before we know it. :)

      I know! I finally bought myself some nice shoes, so hopefully I'll start running again soon. I've never tried running outdoors in the winter, so it will be a new, interesting experience for me! ;)

      Thanks for stopping by!!

      ♥ Emma Joy

      Delete
  9. hey! just wanted to let you know that you were christmas-tagged!
    lydia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, hey!! Thank you for tagging me!! I'll try and get around to that tag soon. :)

      ♥ Emma Joy

      Delete
  10. These pictures you took are so pretty! The hair dye story made me laugh... I had to do hair once too and it also didn't go as expected!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Vanessa!!! Haha, it's good to know I'm not the only one.... ;)

      ♥ Emma Joy

      Delete
  11. Your photography is BEAUTIFUL, Emma!!
    I saw your comment on Fishing For Ideas and I just want you to know that your blog is GORGEOUS!!!! You have nothing AT ALL to worry about. I'm following <3

    - Maddy | littlebitofsunshineweb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks a ton!!! AGHHH THAT MEANS SO MUCH. ^.^ Man, you're blog is super pretty too AND I'M FOLLOWING <3

      Thank you for commenting!

      ♥ Emma Joy

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.