Thanksgiving + November Wrap-up: Part 1

November 30, 2017

I'm just going to start this off by saying that if I tried to wrap-up my November in one post, it would be one long, random life post. So much has happened this last month, and I haven't found the time to blog about any of it, therefore I'm now going to jam-pack it all into two super crazy posts. I hope you enjoy ^.^


Thanksgiving (!!) was ah-mazing as usual! The school break was HEAVENLY, and we basically bought food, cooked food, and ate food all week. We are very traditional, so we stuck with the most traditional Thanksgiving foods - Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, etc. For dessert we made pumpkin pies, pecan pies, and tried a new Black Forest Cheesecake recipe. I thought the cheesecake was okay, but the Reddi-wip that we stuck on top ahead of time was literally melted by the time we ate them - leaving a sick looking puddle on top. And I wasn't a big fan of the raspberry pie filling layer. It made me kinda sad because I thought they were going to be SO GOOD. But no. Apparently, I'm not as culinarily savvy as I thought I was. *sighs*

BUT HEY. Sweet potato casserole and stuffing are my thing. I'm pretty sure I would have been perfectly happy if they were the only things on the table, I LOVE THEM SO MUCH. They are definitely my favorite Thanksgiving foods.



I realized after Thanksgiving was over that I hadn't taken any pictures of the food before it was half eaten!! I guess you'll just have to appreciate the reality of this post - no one wants to take pictures of the food when you can eat the food!


Sadly, that is about all of the pictures I took of our Thanksgiving dinner. I didn't even get pictures of the pies. I was kinda mad at myself for forgetting! Oh well. But, let me tell you guys, I was so proud of myself because I made a leaf made out of a tiny, left-over piece of pie crust, and topped the pumpkin pie with it! Well, to be honest, it looked pretty comical because it was really random and kind of stupid. Plus, the leaf didn't really get cooked enough. But, I mean, it was fun....?? ^.^

Thanksgiving was pretty great though. It was amazing to have the whole family (minus my brother who had to work *sad face*) at my house again. I'm so thankful for my crazy extended family. They definitely kill mundane life like nothing else. :)

Oh and hey, let's talk about our spontaneous photoshoot! It was a spur of the moment thing on Thanksgiving - my sister-in-law thought it'd be fun. And.....We froze. Also, I'm pretty sure we could have been shot by a hunter while venturing into a neighboring field. Hehe. -_-

photo cred @everydaymemoirs
Although, I will admit - it was fun capturing the sun setting in these photos. Some of the silhouettes made me pretty happy. 

photo cred @everydaymemoirs




photo cred @everydaymemoirs

photo cred @everydaymemoirs



Yep, we got some great golden lit photos. Haha, my niece is more photogenic than I am. Also, can we just take a moment to appreciate my sister's hair?! One of those rare occasions when I actually took the time to do my sisters hair and made it look good. ;)


And that's it for part 1! Stay tuned for part 2. ;)

Stay cool,


How was YOUR Thanksgiving?? Is your family super traditional for the holidays? DO YOU HAVE A FAVORITE THANKSGIVING FOOD?? Let me know down in the comments!! :)



6 comments:

  1. Yum!! I love the food during Thanksgiving!!! And I love your pictures! Now I can sing Christmas songs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I still dream about the yummy goodness :) Haha, I've been listening to Christmas songs since the beginning of November XD #rebel

      Delete
  2. COME DO MY HAIR.
    And that food was so good. I'm so glad I decided to come down instead of bumming at home all day. I love you guys! (and your food. *sheepish grin*)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, okay :)
      I'm so glad you decided to come, too! You always add extra fun to family gatherings. I love you so much <3

      ♥ Emma Joy

      Delete
  3. Your Thanksgiving looks fantastic! I totally forgot to take any photos of the meal, too. Those photos look so good. And, dang girl, you're gorgeous. You're outfit is also so cute! Haha, our Thanksgiving was not exactly cold. Over 70 degrees. xP

    ~ Ella Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY THANK YOU!! And man, can I live by you please?? It's super freakin' cold over here O_o Although, I am patiently waiting for snow right now, so I'll have to endure a little longer. ;) Snow makes everything better.

    ♥ Emma Joy

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.